Carbon monoxide alarm, a safety home device against poisonous gases

Spread the love

Installing additional safety and protective devices during a home improvement project is a necessity for every home. One of the useful devices known is the carbon monoxide alarms. It is a detector intended to keep your family safe from the dangerous toxic gas which is present in most household. The poisonous gas can cause serious damage to humans and animals as well. Carbonous oxide emitted from fuel fired furnaces, gas stoves, gas dryers, gas water heater and other equipments run by fuel can be immediately detected through its beeping alarm.

The toxic gas is commonly produced by incomplete burning of fuels which includes coal, wood, charcoal, kerosene, natural gas and oil. Equipments run and powered by internal combustion engines such as portable generators, cars, lawn mowers and washers also produce carbon monoxide when encountered and inhaled in higher concentrations may cause carbon monoxide poisoning.  Should the device beep and one or more household members show and experience symptoms of headache, nausea, dizziness and confusion, you must get him or them to the nearest hospital immediately.

Protection is crucial, installation of safety devices should not be neglected yet must be included when doing a house renovation, having the carbon monoxide detector installed in our homes will secure the family’s health especially when there are children in our homes who are most vulnerable and open to these harmful elements. This dangerous gas is renowned as the silent killer because it is odorless, colorless and tasteless. A person exposed to carbon monoxide over a long period of time might create serious brain problems and paralysis.


Spread the love

6 thoughts on “Carbon monoxide alarm, a safety home device against poisonous gases

  1. I’m not so sure now of our installation but I guess we all have electricity running our place. still this device is an important piece in the household…thanks for the input.

  2. Endeavors like this are often left out although they do make sense for us to think of them. This is good education in home improvement.

  3. I agree with Herbert. Carbon monoxide is very toxic and the one that makes it even more dangerous is that it’s odorless so you don’t even realize it until it’s too late.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *