House fires incidents are high during the summer season which quickly spreads out due to the scorching heat; however a home fire may occur anytime whether the weather is hot or cold. Fires are deadly and cause great property loss and damage. Sub-stations of the bureau of fire protection and its fire departments together with fire brigade volunteer agencies make sure to upgrade and maintain high quality firefighting equipments like firefighter’s helmet, fire proximity suit, fog nozzle, firepole, hose pipes and more to ensure a swift and efficient fire fighting.
To protect your home and your families, it is important to buy high quality fire extinguishers and smoke alarms in credible online sellers like fireprotectiononline.co.uk. Moreover, it is also necessary to educate each household member of the safety measures for home fire prevention.
- Check electrical appliances, cords, and outlets on a regular basis. Never overuse an extension cord, that is avoid octopus connections, make the habit of pulling the plug off from the outlet when the appliance is not in use.
- Hire a professional electrician for a periodic check on faulty circuits and home electrical wirings.
- Make sure electrical devices are properly installed
- Never run electrical wires under rugs or carpets
- Use light bulbs fixtures which are of the correct recommended wattage
- Supervise children in using electrical devices. Cover outlets with safety covers if you have young children at home.
- As much as possible have a smoke detector installed and always have fire extinguishers on hand.
- Emergency numbers should be posted near telephones.
- Set-up fires exits and hold a family fire drill to ensure a fire escape method for all situations.
Image credit: dvs – https://flic.kr/p/6oR4PD