I am neither a beauty expert nor a beauty consultant, but I take time out to read on fashion and beauty magazines and watch beauty fashion talks too. Nowadays, there are a lot of ways to maintain a radiant skin and age doesn’t matter when it comes to skin care.
It is not about hiding my real age. Lines and greys are definitely showing, however, as I am already at the prime of my life, I want to maintain a glowing skin as much as possible.
The basic building block of a radiant healthy skin is to eat the right kind of food. Good nutrition and keep hydrated by drinking lots of water. Avoiding excessive sun exposure, smoking and hard excessive drinking will greatly help in bringing out the natural beauty in oneself.
It is not enough to just get a facial to make the skin clear and beautiful. We need to have a home skin-care routine to keep a beautiful glowing skin.
Here are the things that I do to maintain a radiant skin.
- I get a professional facial treatment like diamond peel to deep cleanse my skin at least once a month or every two months
- I take a long bath once a week, scrubbing off dirt and dead skin cells all over my body. I use an intensive peeling gel on my face to remove dead skin cells and eliminate blackheads.
- As much as possible I get enough sleep; lack of sleep will make you look old and haggard.
- I carefully select and use quality skin products that suit my skin type.
- I wear a sunscreen when I get out of the house.
- I wear make-up only during special occasions and events. Lipstick, day cream, face powder and a splash of my favorite scent make my day.
- Since I am too lazy to put lotion on my skin after taking a bath, I am using a deep moisture body wash instead and it does wonders.
- I occasionally put on face masks, I love the refreshing feel on my face but I am not sure if it really works, lol.
- I rub ice cubes on my face after a face wash before going to bed, it just became a habit that my mom taught me.
Most importantly, frown less and smile more. According to studies, stress can cause your skin age at accelerated pace.