How to use a fire extinguisher

Fire can bring big property damage and loss; it could bring casualties or worst fatalities to family members. Almost daily in the news a fire happens more often in residential areas. Prevention and proper education on how to keep your home safe from fire is a must to learn.

Teaching kids about fire safety should also begin at home. Explaining to them how dangerous fire can be, like playing with matches and lighters which can hurt them badly and burn their skin.   Continue reading “How to use a fire extinguisher”

Share Button

Carbon monoxide alarm, a safety home device against poisonous gases

Installing additional safety and protective devices during a home improvement project is a necessity for every home. One of the useful devices known is the carbon monoxide alarms. It is a detector intended to keep your family safe from the dangerous toxic gas which is present in most household. The poisonous gas can cause serious damage to humans and animals as well. Carbonous oxide emitted from fuel fired furnaces, gas stoves, gas dryers, gas water heater and other equipments run by fuel can be immediately detected through its beeping alarm.

The toxic gas is commonly produced by incomplete burning of fuels which includes coal, wood, charcoal, kerosene, natural gas and oil. Equipments run and powered by internal combustion engines such as portable generators, cars, lawn mowers and washers also produce carbon monoxide when encountered and inhaled in higher concentrations may cause carbon monoxide poisoning.  Should the device beep and one or more household members show and experience symptoms of headache, nausea, dizziness and confusion, you must get him or them to the nearest hospital immediately.

Continue reading “Carbon monoxide alarm, a safety home device against poisonous gases”

Share Button