- To speed up boot up or Start-up:
- Run a complete system scan using your anti-virus, but before you do so, make sure that your anti-virus is updated.
- Do not install two anti-vruses at the same time, aside from the result of slowing down your pc, your anti-virus will not function effectively.
- Defrag your hard-disk.
- Use of other utilities or applications.
- Windows Disk Clean Up tool
- Check on your disk files. Delete files that you no longer need, or back it up in another external hard disk or burn a copy of it. Hard disks nearly full will slow down your pc as well.
For more inspiration, sometimes I think about taking ongoing computer classes to stay sharp. My eldest son is a graduate of BS Information Technology and he really enjoys his job. With my youngest son, I encourage him to earn a computer science major, since technology is at the heart of all employment. My husband, children and I are computer users, definitely we enjoy using a well-maintained pc, especially if it is not slow.