Being a former ICafe owner, I have learned a lot of things regarding networking and troubleshooting computers. I learned it through the help of my fellow ICafe owners who are professionals and technically skilled in the field of computers. Through constant practice and acquired knowledge, I was able to man the business by myself with the aid of my eldest son JM, who is now a Professional IT
- Right click on the My Network Places icon on the desktop and select Properties. (If the icon is not available, go to Start menu | My Computer | My Network Places | View Network Connections.)
- Locate the network connection that is associated with your Internet connection. This may be labeled something like “Local Area Connection.” If you have more than one connection to choose from, be sure you determine the right one before proceeding.
- Right click on the appropriate connection and select Properties.
- In the list that appears under the General tab, double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- In the window that appears, you want to select the option: Use the following DNS server addresses, fill it up with your preferred DNS server
- Then press Ok out of all windows until you are back to the Network Connections window.
You can now open your web browser and browse to a website to see if it connects faster.