After all the anticipation of waiting for your bathroom remodel to be completed-it’s finally completed. The flooring is in, the shower surround has been installed, but the best part of it is the new beautiful clawfoot tub has been installed. Now that the contractors have left and the dust is settled, you can finally reap the rewards. One of the most satisfying things you can do now is to grab your favorite CD, pour a glass of wine and relax soaking in your new bathroom. To make this experience even more relaxing, add Epsom salt to your bath water. Not only will a warm bath help to relieve your remodeling stress, but soaking in an Epsom salt bath also provides a variety of health benefits. Here are just 5 of the Epsom salt benefits for your health.
How is an Epsom Salt Bath Beneficial for Your Health?
Whether you choose to use loose Epsom salt or Epsom salt bath bombs, bathing in this natural mineral are a great way to get your required magnesium intake. Both magnesium and sulfate are minerals that your body requires, however, when ingested, they are poorly absorbed through your stomach. But, both magnesium and sulfate can be easily absorbed through your skin and into your blood stream. So one of the best benefits of salt water baths is that it helps your body get the added boost of sulfate and magnesium that it needs to flush harmful toxins, boost digestive enzymes and increase nutrient absorption.
5 Epsom Salt Benefits
- Reduce stress and relax-stress and the excess adrenaline that typically accompanies stress can cause your body to lose a significant amount of essential magnesium. Soaking in a warm water and Epsom salt will allow your body to absorb and replenish your magnesium level. As an added bonus, when the Epsom salt molecules become absorbed into your skin, it increases the production of serotonin, which helps you feel calm and relaxed.
- Properly functioning nerves and muscles-soaking in a warm bath with Epsom salt can help your body regulate electrolytes, which are essential for the proper function of nerves and muscles. The magnesium sulfate will also aid in regulation of fluid retention in body cells.
- Get rid of harmful toxins-your skin is extremely porous, so it naturally absorbs the harmful substances that are found in the environment, such as heavy metals and pollution. Combining Epsom salt and warm water creates a process known as reverse osmosis, which will help pull all of the harmful toxins from your body.
- Prevent blood clots and hardening of the arteries-soaking in a bath with Epsom salt will help to de-stress and relax your body, which also helps to improve your blood circulation. When your blood circulation is function correctly, it prevents blood clots, protects arterial elasticity, lowers blood pressure and helps to improve your overall cardiovascular health.
- Restore lost magnesium-without a doubt, one of the best benefits of Epsom salt is its ability to help you restore lost magnesium. Between the lack of magnesium in your diet and daily stress, the loss of magnesium in your body can cause a variety of health problems, including sleeping problems and a poor mood. Soaking in Epsom salt will help counteract these issues by allowing your body to absorb its much need magnesium.
To get the most benefits from Epsom salt, you should add Epsom salt to your bath three times a week and soak for about 40 minutes each time. Children can benefit from a warm bath with Epsom salt also, but you should limit their soaking time to about 30-minutes.